Following Government guidance Grace Church has been meeting online from March on both Facebook and Youtube.
In light of changes to government guidance we will be re-opening the building on a Sunday morning from Sunday 9th August. We love meeting together and we want to do so in a way that loves both those in our church family and in our community so we will be making a number of changes to the service to ensure we are COVID secure in line with government guidance:
- Names and phone numbers of all those attending will be taken on entry and kept securely for 21 days in case of an outbreak of COVID-19 for track and trace purposes.
- All those attending and over 11 must wear a face mask, unless you have a valid medical exemption.
- A steward will be at the door to ensure 2 metre social distancing as you enter.
- Use the hand sanitiser on entry to the building and when leaving.
- Chairs will be set out according to social distancing requirements (2 metres) with walkways and a one way system which you will be asked to keep to.
- You will only be able to sit with your household or bubble.
- There will no singing.
- No bible or common touch items will be available. Please bring your own bible. All words will be projected on the screen.
- The corridor to the toilets will be stewarded and strictly operate on a one in one out basis to maintain social distancing. Cleaning materials will be available within the toilet facilities to wipe down contact surfaces.
- We are not able to provide a Sunday school, but children are welcome to join with us under their parents care. Resources for children will be emailed out and should be printed and brought from home.
- We will not be serving any refreshments.
We recognise that many of these things feel restrictive. Church will be dramatically different than it was before lockdown. We want you to feel welcomed, but we also need to follow government advice out of love for our neighbours. You can see our Risk assessment and the steps we’ve taken.
Given these restrictions and knowing that some of our church family are unable to attend due to government guidance we will still be streaming our services on Facebook and Youtube.